Characterized by its rich historic past and vibrant community culture, National City is a Gateway to everything you could want or desire–located near the heart of San Diego.
About National City
It was 1868 when Frank Kimball and his brothers (who were contractors and builders from San Fransisco) purchased the land and began laying the foundations of the city we know and love today.
By constructing the first roads and railroad in what is now National City, Frank and his brothers most notably were responsible for introducing modern transportation to the residents of the community.
A lasting mark beyond the historic sites of the Kimballs are the trees which they imported and planted from Europe and Asia, which are found dotted throughout the city to this very day.
Real Estate Market In National City
Living in National City offers residents an affordable toned down urban feel while still providing access to the larger cosmopolitan area of downtown San Diego. Many families live here and most residents tend to be liberal.
The asking price of homes for sale in National City has increased 5.9% since November last year, while the number of homes for sale has increased 19.5% as per Redfin.com
Amenities in National CitY
Younger crowds find living in National City appealing because it’s only a cab ride away to get into the center of San Diego, the heart of all the action when it comes to bars and night clubs. This is also VERY appealing for anyone working in the city.
National City is also in close proximity to the Pacific Ocean. Summer weekends have families flocking to the gorgeous beaches up and down the coast.
Schools IN NATional City Include:
1. Ira Harbison (Grades: KG - 6)
2. Palmer Way (Grades: KG - 6)
3. Sweetwater High (Grades: 9-12)
4. Kimball (Grades: KG - 6)
5. Central Elementary (Grades: KG - 6)
6. John A. Otis Elementary (Grades: KG - 6)
7. Granger Junior High (Grades: 7-9)
8. Rancho De La Nacion (Grades: KG - 6)
9. Olivewood (Grades: KG - 6)
10. National City Middle School ((Grades: 7-8)
11. Las Palmas (Grades: KG - 6)
12. Lincoln Acres (Grades: KG - 6)
13. El Toyon Elementary (Grades: KG - 6)
14. Bellus Academy-National City (Private/College)
15. ITT Technical Institute-National City (Private/College)
- Chula Vista
- Paradise Hills
- Barrio Logan
- Logan Heights
- Lincoln Park
- Valencia Park
- Rancho Del Rey
- Downtown San Diego
Top Things To See & Do Nearby
- Steal and Escape - An Escape Room filled with live, interactive, adventurous games, designed for groups. Enjoy puzzles, riddles, and more.
- USS Midway Museum
- Balboa Park
- Coronado Beach
- San Diego Zoo
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Petco Park
- Lamb’s Players Theatre
- Coronado Island
- Silver Strand State Beach